Whenever there is a need to move various fluids in a safe and hygienic manner, you can bet you will be looking up a peristaltic pump for sale online or offline. After all, it is one of the positive displacement pumps that can handle abrasive slurries or sterile fluids when dispensed from one container to another.
With different peristaltic pump for sale Australia market offers, availability will not be a problem. But, like most things, these pumps have their share of pros and cons.
How does a peristaltic pump work?
It comes with a motor shaft that connects to a series of rollers or cams that housed inside the pump housing. When the motor starts to turn, the rollers squeeze the liquid from the inlet and then out to the pump’s outlet.
The cam’s compression serves as a check valve that keeps the liquid pumping and flowing smoothly in one direction and, with each revolution, a consistent and repeatable flow.
Advantages of peristaltic pump for sale
- Protect sterile or aggressive fluids from cross-contamination during transfer.
- Best used when exposed pump components are strictly prohibited.
- Serves as a critical component for isolating a fluid from the environment and vice versa.
- Critical for food additive and a wide variety of industrial applications.
Disadvantages of peristaltic pump for sale
- Generate pulsations that make it less ideal when a completely smooth flow is the goal.
- Needs a leak protection feature to contain hazardous fluids in case the tube or hose breaks.
- Hose must be checked regularly for wear and tear.
Take note of the pros and cons when you plan to buy peristaltic pump for sale Australia shops offer. It is best to know beforehand the kind of fluid you’ll be dealing with before you go shopping.
Best Applications of a Peristaltic Pump
It is used in many industries, from food manufacturing to water & wastewater management. Depending on the industry, a peristaltic pump is used to dispense a beverage or transfer hazardous chemicals.
In the field of medicine, the pump is used in dialysis machines, as medical infusion pumps, and for open-heart bypass pumps machines.
When it comes to handling chemicals, the pump is used in pharmaceutical production, for printing, and as dosing systems for chemicals used in a dishwasher and for laundry.
As for testing and research, it can be used as media dispensers and carbon monoxide monitors. It is also used to perform analytical chemistry experiments.
With its many uses for a wide variety of industries, a peristaltic pump for sale in Australia will always be in-demand.